The London Opportunity Scholarship is available for undergraduate study in any of the subjects offered at the university. It is a partial funding scholarship by the UCL and its estimated worth every year is 4000 pounds. The application deadline for the 2022 scholarship is July 1ST 2022. This scholarship is open for British citizens.
You will learn more about the value, eligibility criteria, as well as how to apply and submit your application for the scholarship in this article.
Table of Contents
About the University College London (UCL)
-The University College London which is widely known as UCL, is a major public research university situated in London, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1826, UCL is London’s leading multidisciplinary university, with more than 13,000 staff and 42,000 thousand students from 150 different countries. The UCL is a liberal institution that is devoid of every religious sentiment in its admittance of students, it was borne out of the ideas of Jeremy Bentham.
Aim and Benefit of the Land Opportunity Scholarship:
What you will gain
- All successful candidates of the London Opportunity Scholarship will be awarded the sum of 400 pounds every year throughout the duration of the program and is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- The London Opportunity Scholarship is also awarded to cover maintenance costs.
Eligibility requirements for the London Opportunity Scholarship:
Applicants and Qualified Candidates for the scholarship must-
- Have participated in the UCL’s Summer Challenge Program.
- Have completed at least one Widening Participation Activity: Residential summer schools, Summer challenge, Discover UCL’s D/deaf summer school, Non-residential summer schools (year 11 and 12), Realising opportunities, Uni-link, Aspire, Horizons, and Lloyds scholars spring school.
- Hold an offer of admission to UCL to study any full-time undergraduate degree program, interested candidate are expected to place the UCL as their firm choice.
- Applicants household income must be at most 42,875 pounds to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Belong to the first generation of your family to enter higher education.
- Hold UK fee status to be qualified for the scholarship.
Processing of the London Opportunity Scholarship
- Candidates with great academic qualifications stands a greater chance of landing the scholarship.
- Candidates financial needs are taken into consideration as well.
July 1, 2022
How to apply for the London Opportunity Scholarship:
Interested and eligible candidates should visit the University College London official website to apply.
Note that- Students do not need to apply directly for a UCL undergraduate Bursary as you will be automatically assessed for the Bursary as long as you have agreed to share your data with the university as part of your regional funding authority (i.e Student Finance England).
Click Here for more details.