This post is meant to serve as a guide to every student seeking detailed information about Jamb regularization. The meaning, importance, and how to go about the Jamb regularization process without stress.
Table of Contents
WHAT IS JAMB REGULARIZATION?
The Jamb regularization process is one in which candidates/students who were admitted into tertiary institutions without prior approval of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) are regularized by the board.
This is a mandatory process because all admissions into tertiary institutions in Nigeria are expected to be given and regulated by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board. To this effect, it has become a norm for every student who gained admission into a tertiary institution to seek validation from JAMB by exercising the Jamb regularization process.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JAMB REGULARIZATION PROCESS?
Students who are given admission directly by Jamb may not necessarily need to do regularization as the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board already have such candidate’s information stored with them, however, in a bid to avoid glitches in the future, those who got admission via the tertiary institutions are expected to possess the following materials to successfully get regularized by the body:
You need to provide the requirements below to undergo Jamb regularization-
- Admission Letter from your tertiary institution
- A copy of your Jamb result slip- must have your jamb scores and other personal details
- An academic Transcript from your institution is also needed to monitor your academic progress
- Jamb registration number, mobile number, and Email address used in registering
- A sworn affidavit that indicates you got admitted into the institution without following due process
- A recent passport photograph- 2 copies at least
- Application fee for Jamb regularization
Please note that these requirements may vary depending on the circumstance that surrounds each candidate’s admission. In other to avoid confusion, seek more guides and consultations from Jamb.
HOW TO DO JAMB REGULARIZATION
To do Jamb regularization, follow the tips provided below:
- Visit the JAMB e-facility portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/
- Log in to your JAMB profile with your email address and password.
- Click on the “Late (Retroactive) Application” menu option.
- Select “Regularization” from the drop menu.
- Fill out the JAMB regularization form with your personal name, date of birth, gender, and contact details.
- Upload the required documents, which include your admission letter, JAMB result slip, academic transcript, sworn affidavit, and passport photographs.
- Review the information you have provided, then go on to pay for the regularization fee.
- Submit your application and print out the acknowledgment slip.
- Wait for JAMB to verify your documents and process your regularization request. This might take some weeks to complete.
- Once your regularization request has been approved, you will be issued a JAMB registration number, which can be used by candidates to access JAMB services and participate in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programs.
The Jamb regularization process can be complex and time-consuming, we, therefore, advise candidates to always seek guidance from JAMB or the institution they were admitted to if they have any difficulties during the process.
WHAT ARE THE IMPLICATIONS OF NOT DOING JAMB REGULARIZATION?
Jamb regularization is an important and mandatory process for students, therefore, failure to go through this process may lead to the following implications for students.
1.Inability to participate in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program:
As it is widely known in Nigeria that NYSC is a compulsory program for graduates, it should be noted that one of the requirements to get enrolled in the program is the JAMB registration number. It is practically impossible for students to have a JAMB number without undergoing JAMB regularization, therefore, this may result in failure to get enrolled for NYSC.
2.Difficulty in securing job/employment:
Only a few organizations and employers in Nigeria recruit new workers without making the NYSC certificate a compulsory requirement. Many employers in the country require job applicants to provide their JAMB registration number as part of their application. As stated above, without regularization, this information may be out of reach for job applicants thereby ruining your chances of getting employed.
3.Inability to further your education/academics:
If you plan to further your education in a Nigerian tertiary institution, you will need to have a functioning Jamb registration number, failure to do the Jamb regularization, you will not have a Jamb registration number and will not be able to apply for admission.
4.Risk of academic records deletion:
JAMB has been known to delete the academic records of candidates who eventually get admitted into the tertiary institution without following due process. Without Jamb regularization, your academic records reserve the risk of getting deleted by JAMB and this may be risky for your academic pursuits.
5.Ineligibility for JAMB scholarships and other academic benefits:
JAMB offers scholarships and other benefits to Nigerian students, and one of the requirements is to have a JAMB registration number. Without JAMB regularization, you will not be able to enjoy these benefits.
IS THERE AN EXPIRATION DATE FOR JAMB REGULARIZATION?
There is no specific expiration date for this process. However, it is recommended to complete the regularization process as soon as possible after discovering that you need to undergo the process. This is understandably needed because some institutions may have their own deadlines for submitting JAMB registration numbers or other related documents, and delaying the JAMB regularization process might affect your eligibility for certain benefits or opportunities.
Additionally, it is important to stay updated about the series of events because JAMB may update its policies, guidelines, or procedures anytime they feel there is a need to. So ask, and stay updated to make sure you complete the process in a timely manner.