The international youth math challenge (IYMC), is an international mathematics competition. It is one of the biggest online mathematics competitions and is open to all students from anywhere in the world.
Table of Contents
What is IYMC (International Youth Math Challenge)?
This is a mathematics competition set aside for specially gifted students in mathematics to unleash their creativity and unveil their math prowess to the world.
There is no limitation to the problem a well-skilled mathematician can solve, this is understandably so because of the carefully thought processes involved in solving different mathematical questions. It is a no-brainer that only a deep thinker gets to decipher solutions to almost all most difficult math-related questions.
To this effect, the IYMC is established to help discover more of these especially talented minds from anywhere in the world through the international youth math challenge.
It is an online global competition available to all students and even teachers regardless of the location. Successful candidates will be rewarded handsomely with estimated prizes of over 700 US Dollars.
See Also- IBM Master the Mainframe Contest
Stages Involved in the International Youth Math Challenge 2024 Competition
This is a competition that involves mainly three stages, only candidates who have successfully scaled through all of these stages will be able to participate in the final stage of the IYMC competition. These are listed as follows
- The Qualification Round- Applicants who have met all registration criteria will be presented with 5 mathematics problems. To pass this stage and progress to the pre-final stage, you are expected to at least be able to solve correctly three (for those below 18 years of age) and four (over 18 years of age) questions convincingly out of the possible five questions. Once you are done with the questions, all answers can be submitted online until the specified deadline. All participants will be rewarded with a certificate.
- The Pre-Final Stage- The pre-final round involves solving correctly a 10 mathematics question within four days. Only successful applicants from the qualifying stage are eligible to register for this stage and registration for the pre-final stage commences. Check Here for more information about the Pre-Final registration stage.
- Final Stage- Successful candidates from the previous two stages will stand a chance to participate in the final round of the competition. Each finalist stands an equal chance of winning prizes whose worth is over 700 US Dollars.
Requirements for International Youth Math Challenge 2024 Competition
Applicants are expected to meet the following requirements
To participate in the IYMC
- You must be either a high school or higher institution student
- You must be ready to ready to solve different math questions depending on the age category
- You must have a working internet connection to participate and submit all solutions online
- You must be smart and ideally talented in mathematics
How to Apply for the International Youth Math Challenge (IYMC) Competition
Interested candidates should carefully read and follow the application procedures listed below
- Clearly mark your final solutions (e.g. underlining, red color, box).
- The solution file may be typed digitally or it may be a clear picture of your handwritten notes. Digitally typed solutions receive a special honorary note on the certificates!
- You can upload one single file! If you have multiple pictures, please compress them into one single file (e.g. you can use IMG To PDF).
- You can upload PDF and image (jpg, jpeg, png) files. They do not accept any other formats (e.g. ZIP or Word files)! You can use this tool to convert your file into PDF: PDF-Converter
- The file size has to be below 10 MB otherwise it will be rejected.
- Important: Make sure that you write your name and birth correctly. It will be used for all certificates!
All applications can be submitted via the SUBMISSION FORM
Awards and Prizes
Successful candidates will be rewarded with the following prizes
- All candidates will be awarded a participation certificate
- A cash prize of 300 USD will be given to the winners of the junior category in the following order- The 3rd and 2nd, runner-up takes 50USD and 100USD respectively, and the winner takes 150USD. Likewise
- A cash prize of 300 USD will be given to winners of the adult category in the following order- The 3rd and 2nd runner up takes 50USD and 100USD respectively, while the winner takes 150USD
- The finalists will be presented a medal- Bronze, Silver, and Gold depending on their performances in the final round
- Successful candidates will be connected with like-minds, locally and offshore, and will become a part of the International youth math challenge group.
For more information- Visit the IYMC official webpage
Checkout – The MENA Digital Scholarship