Are you a native of the United States? Would you like to know how to apply for the Gates Scholarship for low-income students in 2024?
Then continue reading to find out about everything you will need to complete your application below.
Brief Description of the Gates Scholarship
Scholarship title – The Gates Scholarship
Scholarship Type – Undergraduate
Scholarship Location – U.S.A
Application Deadline – Not Specified
Table of Contents
About TGS (The Gates Scholarship for Low-Income students)
TGS is a special kind of scholarship award annually offered to outstanding and clever senior high school students who hail from low-income households.
The primary aim of the Gates Scholarship is to adequately help these exceptional students from low-income households to maximize their potential as well as fulfilling their lifelong dreams.
Check out – How to Apply for the MENA Scholarship
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Gates Scholarship for Low-Income Students in 2024?
The eligibility criteria for The Gates Scholarship include the following-
- Applicants must be a high school senior student
- Interested applicants must be a Citizen and permanently resides in the United States
- Pell – eligible
- Only applicants from any of the tribes/ethnicities listed as follows are eligible to apply – African-American, Native of American Indian/Alaska, Hispanic American, and/or Asian/Pacific American. Please Note: A Proof of ethnicity membership will be required for American Indian/Alaska natives.
- Interested applicants must have on a scale of 4.0 GPA at least a minimum GPA of 3.3 or above
- Applicant must be ready to undergo a 4-year degree program in an accredited not-for-profit university or college in the United States.
Advanced Eligibility Requirements
To boost your chances of landing the Gates Scholarship for low-income students in 2024, meeting the requirements listed below is very important.
- A student must be the top or at least be one of the top students in the graduating class with an outstanding and exceptional track record in his/her academics.
- Must have good leadership skills and have participated in extracurricular activities and community services or other related activities.
- Must have exceptional and reckoning personal success skills (e.g. must have emotional maturity, must be able to persevere, and must be motivational)
How to Apply for the Gates Scholarship for Low-Income Students
Did you meet the eligibility criteria listed above and would like to apply for the scholarship?
Find out below how to apply for the Gates Scholarship.
Eligible applicants are expected to Sign up (For new entries) and create a profile account while already Signed up applicants can just proceed to Sign in their accounts and apply for the Gates Scholarship.
Complete your application online by clicking on the link provided below
Scholarship Application Deadline
How Long Does the Application Period Last?
The application period lasts for 2 months
Aims and Benefits of the Gates Foundation Scholarship
The aim of the scholarship is to help students maximize their potential and the scholarship covers the following:
- Traveling expenses
- Personal upkeep fees
- Provision of study materials including books
- Hostel and accommodation fees
FAQS on How to Apply For the Gates Scholarship:
Who Is the Gates Foundation Scholarship For?
This is a scholarship set aside for and limited to low-income students. This is why there are ethnicity requirements set aside for the scholarship, it is targeted to help students who hail from low-income households.
Is the Gates Scholarship a Full-time Scholarship?
The scholarship covers all of the expenses needed by scholars during the cost of the program until graduation.
How Many Candidates are Awarded Annually?
This is not specified on TGS’s official webpage
Can Other Citizens Apart from the Listed Tribes Apply for the Scholarship?
No, the Gates Scholarship is only for students from the ethnic groups listed above
Is this an Online Scholarship Program?
The Gates Foundation Scholarship application process can be done online, but this is a residential scholarship and successful applicants must be ready to enroll in a 4-year undergraduate program in a U.S university or college.
For More Details