Application for the annual UK Chevening Scholarships is now available for the year 2023/2024 session. The scholarships are open to all graduates from developing countries.
Table of Contents
Scholarship Details in Brief
Scholarship Title: UK Chevening Scholarships
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Scholarship Location: UK Universities
Scholarship Duration: One Year
Scholarship Type: Master’s Degree
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Scholarship Established: Since 1983
About the UK Chevening Scholarships
The UK Chevening Scholarships is an international scholarship offered annually by the UK government for graduates from developing countries. Chevening scholarship is funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and partner organizations.
The purpose of the scholarship is to create a long-lasting relationship between individuals with outstanding leadership and influential skills and decision-makers around the world.
The Chevening scholarship program supports awardees from more than 160 countries and their territories every year with the United States citizens being the only exception from these opportunities, as they can directly apply for the FCDO-Funded Marshall Scholarships. Different courses are offered to graduates of various fields.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals who possess strong academic backgrounds and also possesses demonstrable leadership potential.
The scholarship offers financial support to study for a Master’s degree at any of the leading universities in the UK and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of over 50,000 alumni.
There are approximately 1,500 Chevening Scholarships on offer globally for the 2023/2024 academic cycle. These scholarships represent a significant investment from the UK government to develop the next cohort of global leaders.
Are you a student from a developing country and Interested in applying for the 2024 Chevening Scholarship?
You are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria listed as follows:
1. You must be a citizen from a developing and Chevening eligible territory or country
2. Applicant must be able to return to his/her country of citizenship for at least, a minimum of two years after the completion of the award
3. Interested applicants must be applied for a full-time master’s degree program which must last for at least a minimum of, and not more than 12 months
4. Applicants must have attended an undergraduate program and have attained a cumulative result that is equivalent to the upper second class 2:1 honors degree in the UK
5. Must have a minimum of 2800 hours or two years of working experience
6. Must have applied for admission for at least three university courses in any UK university and must have been offered admission to study one of the three courses with a provisional admission letter
7. Applicants who are of British nationality or dual British citizens are not eligible to apply
Value of Chevening Scholarship
The selected scholars will be able to have free access to the following benefits-
- Complete payment of tuition fees
- Traveling allowances
- An excess baggage allowance
- A grant for the cost of presentation of a dissertation or thesis (if required)
- The cost of an entry visa clearance will be taken care of by the scholarship committee
- A monthly stipend will be given to scholars to cover living expenses and accommodation
How to Apply for the 2024 Chevening Scholarship
- The applicants are to complete their application process via the online application system (OAS)
- Applicants must have applied for at least three courses in the UK’s universities because an unconditional offer letter for any course will be required for Chevening Scholarship in the UK
- For a successful application, images of documents to be uploaded must be in JPG, PNG, or Pdf form, and must not be larger than 5MB in sizes
- The length of each file name must not exceed 50 characters
Chevening Scholarship Application Process- Important Points to Note
- The application must be submitted in English
- Applicants are expected to be able to remember their usernames and passwords for easy login access to OAS
- Ensure filling in the necessary information including the right email address when applying
- The application process includes four different essay questions which must not be less than 100 words with maximum words of 500