Get to know the application procedure for the don’t text and drive scholarship in this article.
Are you an expert driver yet? On what level would you place your carefulness while driving? Are you always careful while driving or you are one of those who text with the other hand while driving?
The purpose of the Don’t Text and Drive Scholarship is to help educate drivers about the dangers of texting and responding to messages while driving. This is a form of rewarding scholarship, given to law-abiding drivers.
Most drivers pay less attention to the dangers that come with this lackadaisical act and this has resulted in countless avoidable automobile accidents on our roads.
Don’t text and drive scholarship award is designed by Digital Responsibility to help curb this menace in society.
Table of Contents
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE DON’T TEXT AND DRIVE SCHOLARSHIP?
The scholarship is open to the following set of high school students
- Open to the following grade levels:
- High School Freshman
- High School Junior
- High School Sophomore (tenth grade)
- High School Senior
It is also open to:
- College Freshman
- College Junior
- College Sophomore
- College Senior students as well as the,
- Graduating Students
The scholarship is also open to students who receive lectures from home.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
The basic eligibility requirements for the Do Not Message and Drive Scholarship are listed below:
- Every applicant for this scholarship award must be a legal resident of the United States of America
- Must be a Citizen of the country
- There is no age limit to who can apply for the don’t text and drive scholarship
- Open to part-time and full-time students
Only those who meet the basic criteria outlined above can apply for the award of the scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP:
Below is the 2023 application procedure for the don’t text and drive scholarship:
Applicants are to fill out the application form below and submit it online at the completion of this task.
Applicants will be made to fill in the following details in the application form-
- Applicant’s grade level
- First and last name of the applicant
- Home address and city
- Applicants’ state of residence (must be in any of the states in the USA)
- Applicants’ email addresses and phone number
- Your date of birth and specific gender
- Your graduating year and GPA
- Applicants are expected to choose one of the most desired colleges they wish to attend. There is also provision made for students who would like to weigh up their chances in different colleges to choose four colleges they wish to study.
- So, applicants can now choose their preferred field of study from the list of available courses provided in the online don’t text and drive scholarship application form.
- Before you click on the submission tab online, you will have to fill a quick 140-character message whose theme would begin with “I pledge to not text and drive because”.
Then you submit your application after completing this task.
HOW ARE THE WINNERS SELECTED?
The scholarship committee will critically screen every applicant’s application details. The 140-character essay will also play a determinant role in short-listing the potential winners.
The top 10 entries will be selected as finalists based on the content of the 140-character essay submitted. The finalists will be asked to compose a full-length 500-1,000 words essay about texting while driving.
The scholarship organizers will check the student’s creativity from these contents and select the best composer among the finalists as the winner.
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR 2023 DON’T TEXT AND DRIVE SCHOLARSHIP:
September 30, 2023
WORTH OF THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD:
The winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship
Who should I contact with any questions about this scholarship?
Is this scholarship renewable?
No, the don’t text and drive scholarship is a one-year non-renewable scholarship
Is this scholarship open to international students?
As stated above, the scholarship is open only to citizens of the USA
Will I need to write a cover letter for the organizers of this scholarship to boost my chances?
This is acceptable for scholarships. So you can give it a try
Where can I find help writing my scholarship cover letter?
Read about our guide on how to write a cover letter for a scholarship to help you get started
Driving recklessly on the road is not an act to be encouraged as its consequence can be disastrous. Therefore, there is a need to ensure sanity in the driving of automobiles in our society. In order to achieve this task, the digital responsibility initiates the don’t text and drive scholarship. Interested applicants can follow the detailed guides in this article to ensure a smooth process of application.
Drive safely to help save lives, we wish you Goodluck with your applications!