Are you an Australian or an international student looking forward to landing the Destination Australia scholarship 2022? Would you like to know what is required of you to be eligible for the destination Australia scholarship 2022? Other information such as the provision of the list of universities that offer such scholarships, how to apply, and the application deadline date is included in this post.
Table of Contents
What is The Destination Australian scholarship?
The Destination Australia scholarship is an academic program completely funded by the Australian Government Educational department. The Destination scholarship is usually funded all over the world by the Commonwealth Government and is effectively implemented by the department of education in various countries, including Australia.
Objectives of the program
- The primary objective of the scholarship is to ensure the influx of students into the regional communities thereby developing such areas in the country
- To offer students who chose to study in a regional community a high-quality learning experience
- Growing and developing the regional community’s tertiary education providers
Requirements for Destination Australia scholarship 2022
The eligibility procedures are listed below
You’re qualified for the Destination Australia scholarship 2022 if you:
- an Australian/international student
- posses a student’s visa equivalent to the period of the program’s duration
- are a newly recruited university student
- are a postgraduate student
- posses an offer to study an eligible program purely obtained from your aspiring regional university in 2022 (not necessary you accept your full offer before the scholarship application deadline).
-It is also expected that you:
- are going to study full-time using the internal study mode of the university you wish to enroll yourself
- permanently reside in the regional area of Australia from the onset and throughout the scholarship duration as defined by the 2016 Australian Statistical Geography standard remoteness structure (Australian Bureau of Statistics).
The available programs for the 2022 Destination Australia scholarship University of Queensland include:
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Equine Science
- Master of Agribusiness (#24)
- Master of Agribusiness (#32)
- Master of Agricultural Science (#24)
- Master of Agricultural Science (#32)
- Master of Animal Science (#24)
- Master of Animal Science (#32)
How to apply for the Destination Australia Scholarship 2022
There is no common application process for the Destination Australia Scholarship Program. Applicants are expected to apply for the scholarship via 35 eligible education providers, the education providers are the principal decider of the most preferred criteria for giving out the scholarship.
However, some institutions like the University of Queensland provide a detailed application process for the scholarship which includes:
- Submission of application for an eligible course of study
- Writing and submitting a personal statement of not more than 300 words on why you are applying for the scholarship (should be specific and well detailed)
- Awaiting feedback emails, letters, or calls from the institution after their evaluation of the applicant
It is advised that students enquire with their desired institutions/universities respectively for the application deadline of Destination Australia Scholarship 2022, the University of Queensland for instance application deadline is 30th June 2022 which may definitely be different from that of Curtin University.
Which universities offer Destination Australia Scholarships?
We’ll provide you with a list of some institutions that offer the Destination Australia Scholarship 2022 below amongst others, students are, however, implored to make further research before choosing where to apply for the scholarship as there are other institutions that offer the program and are not listed below-
These institutions include:
- University of Melbourne
- University of Queensland
- Curtin University
- Federation University Australia
- Australian Catholic University
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of South Australia
- Queensland Rural Medical Education
- University of Sunshine Coast
- The University of Notre Dame
What GPA is required for Australian scholarships?
To be able to qualify yourself for Australian scholarships-
- You must have a full offer of admission
- Must have a 3.0 and above GPA for post-graduate courses
- An average equivalent score of 90 and above for undergraduate courses
So endeavor to do well in your academics to boost your chances of landing the scholarship as well
How would receiving a Destination Australia scholarship in 2022 benefit you?
Receiving the scholarship and studying in a regional area in Australia, without doubt, comes with a lot of benefits which include
- Making yourself become a part of a strong community
- Makes you enjoy a very modest and lower cost of living
- You benefit from personalized support and hands-on learning
And lots more
Do not forget to drop your comment and questions in the section provided below
Did you find the post helpful?