Are you looking forward to studying in Germany? The DAAD 2024 scholarships are offering a variety of scholarship awards to international students. This is a great opportunity for you to achieve your dream. Read through this post to learn more about the DAAD 2024 scholarships and how to apply in your specific field of study.
This is a scholarship designed in Germany. It is aimed at recruiting postgraduate students from developing countries.
So, if you are an international student who would like to further your study in Germany, applying for any of the DAAD 2024 scholarships is a positive step you can take in order to get yourself enrolled in your desired university in the country.
The awarded scholars in this program will be tutored in the country’s official language (German) as well as in the English language.
DAAD 2024 scholarships are, however, for postgraduate students only. Undergraduates will have to wait to be graduated from their current institution before they can apply for any of the DAAD ongoing scholarships.
The DAAD 2023 scholarships will only approve courses whose study duration is from one year to three.
Table of Contents
Brief Introduction of the DAAD 2024 Scholarships Program
Scholarship Type – Postgraduate Scholarship
Scholarship Organization – German Academic Exchange Service DAAD
Country to Study – Germany
Eligible Countries – Developing Countries
Gender – Male and Female
School to Study – Any University in Germany
Course to Study – Not specified
Scholarship Application Deadline – Varies
The DAAD 2024 Scholarships Coverage
The Postgraduates students shortlisted for this scholarship will be rewarded with the following:
- Enrollment into any university in Germany
- A monthly allowance to serve as leverage to ease scholars’ personal upkeep difficulty
- A considerable amount of monthly allowances for health sake
- Traveling stipends will be given to the scholars
The Requirements for DAAD 2024 Scholarships Program
To be eligible for the DAAD scholarships award, applicants are expected to have met the following criteria:
1. Applicants who are intending to apply for any of this scholarships program must have completed and have obtained a bachelor’s degree certificate whose age is not more than 6 years old from the period of the degree collection to the period of applying for the scholarship from their various previous higher institutions.
2. To be eligible, applicants will be made to submit a flawless document that proves that they possess a working experience of two or more years.
3. The DAAD 2023 scholarships are open not only to students who understand and can speak the German native language or English language, others can apply as well, but this is dependent on what course the applicant chooses to study.
Required Documents for the DAAD Scholarships Application
Below are the documents that will be needed for the scholarship application:
- A proof of the students’ specialized course of study as well as the report of the course duration, and expected time for the student to round up with his/her study must be submitted by a professor. Copy of registration for the final thesis (Master’s or Bachelor’s degree), must be tendered if available.
- A properly outlined and well-detailed CV of the applicant
- Report of applicants’ current grade
- Current certificate of applicants enrolment
- Current financial information of applicants
- An up-to-date 3 month’s bank statement of the applicant
- List of all applicants’ bank and saving account
- Proof of other sources of income (employment contract, pay slip, accommodation allowance, child benefits, scholarships)
- Copy of rental agreement
How to Apply for DAAD 2024 Scholarships program
Are you interested and qualified for the scholarship? Read through this post to find out how to apply below.
1. Qualified applicants are to initiate their application by downloading and filling out the application form online from DAAD’s official scholarship website.
2. After filling out the application form, download the Europa specimen form, this will be done in a bid to personalize your CV which is expected to be submitted with your handwritten signature on it.
3. A Motivation letter is to be submitted along with your proof of working experience. However, this motivation letter should be submitted with your handwritten signature on it.
4. You may have to submit alongside your application a research proposal if requested by the university you are applying for.
5. Submit alongside your documents a recommendation letter gotten from your previous institution.
6. Ensure to get a recommendation letter that includes enticing information about you from your previous place of work and have it attached to your document. This letter should be constructed by your previous boss anyways.
You may as well have your boss include a guaranteed letter of re-employing you immediately complete your scholarship program.
7. English proficiency test scores will be required. Below are the list of English language proficiency tests required:
IELTS: scores required for this test are usually set by the universities, always check in to find out about this.
TOEFL Test: Not Accepted
8. Make research about available German-speaking programs under the DAAD scholarship and swiftly make your application for it.
9. Recommendations are made for you to further research the required documents for your most preferred course after you must have chosen a course to study.
10. Check your choice of university’s website, for the submission procedure of your scholarship application. Some universities may allow online submissions of documents while others may prefer you complete your submission by using postal services or some use both ways.
The DAAD 2024 scholarships are open now. Applicants can apply for ongoing scholarships in German universities now.
Benefits of the DAAD 2024 Scholarships program
- Postgraduates are rewarded a monthly allowance of €750 while
- The Doctorate students are rewarded monthly with €1,000
- Health insurance benefit is offered to both the Doctorate and Postgraduate students
- Scholars get to study for free at their desired university in Germany
- Traveling stipends are given to the students
- Free accommodations are also available for successful applicants
When is the Deadline for the Application for the DAAD 2024 Scholarship?
The deadline for the scholarship varies.
Always check in to find out about this before applying for any of the available scholarships.
However, it was noted by DAAD that the application for the winter semester which would start in September/October is scheduled to begin in the early days of May 2024, and would end in mid-July 15 for most of the higher institutions. While:
The application for the summer semester which usually starts in March/April would begin from early December and run until the 15th day of January.