Good news for international students! Pursue your postgraduate degree in China by applying now for the MOFCOM Scholarship program using the detailed guides provided in this article.
Table of Contents
About the MOFCOM Scholarship
The MOFCOM Scholarship is one of the programs designed by the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China, this scholarship is aimed to aid the relationship between China and other developing countries as well as to help developing countries to discover and nurture talents. MOFCOM Scholarship since 2015, specifically sponsors both young and middle-aged talented recipients from various developing countries to further pursue a postgraduate degree in China. The Scholarship is disbursed yearly by the China Scholarship Council to successful recipients.
NOTE– The MOFCOM Scholarship is a full-ride Scholarship, completely funded by the China Scholarship Council.
Benefits of the MOFCOM Scholarship
Successful Applicants for the MOFCOM Scholarship will enjoy the following benefits
- The payment of tuition fee, teaching material fee, research and survey fee, dissertation guidance, and other basic fees will be taken care of by the MOFCOM Scholarship organizers
- Free accommodation will be made available to students on the campus.
- Students will be given a monthly allowance respectively as outlined below
- Master students- 36000RMB per year individually
- Ph.D. students- 42000RMB per year individually
- A settlement allowance fee of 3000RMB per person
- International students will be provided with free medical insurance
- A complete one-time international round trip fare which will be taken care of by the organizers of MOFCOM Scholarship for each student and a maximum of once in a year(usually set at the end of every academic year) complete round trip airfares allowances for home visits will be given to international students
- Continuity of the full-ride scholarship in the following year for students who pass the compulsory annual review for all students.
- Students should note that the MOFCOM Scholarship will only provide students with financial assistance within the duration of their academic program and that the scholarship will not be extended to students who postpone their graduation. Other expenses shall be managed and used for other basic means by the Ministry of Commerce / the Universities as a whole and shall not be distributed to students.
Categories supported by the Scholarship, their durations, and language instructions
The MOFCOM Scholarship supports programs listed below-
- CSC Program
- Master’s Program for 2-3 years
- Ph.D. Program for 3 years
- Scholarship winners are expected to register for English-taught Program
Eligibility Criteria for MOFCOM Scholarship
The following criteria must be met by the MOFCOM Scholarship applicants to be eligible for the program-
- Applicants must be under the age of 45 and must be a citizen of any developing country excluding Citizens from the Republic of China
- Applicants must be both physically and mentally healthy and must possess a physical examination report issued by hospitals within their locality, and must be completely free from all of the diseases or situations listed below
- Must be completely free from all diseases the Chinese immigration inspection and quarantine regulations prohibit
- Must not be suffering from any severe chronic diseases like (HBP, cardio-cerebrovascular diseases, diabetes, psychological diseases) or every other related disease that may pose risks to public health.
- Those who are still recovering from some recent acute diseases or major surgery will not be considered eligible for the MOFCOM Scholarship
- Applicants must not be severely physically challenged
- An applicant for the MOFCOM Scholarship must not be pregnant at the time of application
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience is required and applicants are expected to apply for their intending programs as carefully stated below this text
- Those applying for a Master’s program must be a bachelor’s degree holder and those applying for a doctoral program must be a Master’s degree holder, both applicants must, however, have at least three years of working experience respectively
- Applicants who possess some relevant residual / background knowledge or working experience related to the programs they applied for are usually mostly preferred
- Applicants for the program must be public officials of at least division level (or corresponding level) in government working sectors or should be a senior management staff in an organization and enterprises, or an academic backbone of universities and research institutions
- Must have sufficient required academic grades in English and should be equivalent to IELT’s 6.0 or TOEFL’s 80 and above level
- An applicant for the MOFCOM Scholarship must be one who is committed to promoting friendly exchanges and enhanced cooperation between the host’s country and China
- Must not be one studying in China or possess any other Scholarship award provided by the Chinese government
Where to Apply
Interested scholars should visit the Economic and Commercial Counselor’s office of the Chinese Embassy situated in their country to complete their application
Intending scholars should consult the authority receiving the application for the MOFCOM Scholarship to learn about the deadline of the program each year. However, the deadline for the 2022 application is May 31, 2022
Documents Required for the Application for the 2022 MOFCOM Scholarship
- To apply for the MOFCOM Scholarship CSC program, applicants are to ensure they submit their application for the program online by visiting www.campuschina.org, navigating through the application page and clicking on “Scholarship Application for Students” and printing the hard copy
- Applicants will be made to provide a photocopy of the highest diploma they possess
- Provision of the photocopy of academic transcripts
- Applicants will be required to submit a study plan or proposal of research they intend to embark on (with at least 400 words)
- Must submit a resume of their educational background and experiences gathered while working upon their graduation from high school
- Applicants must provide at least two letters of recommendation each from their current employer and from their previous or current well-respected academic institution
- Must submit a photocopy of the required English proficiency certificate
- Must submit a photocopy of the physical examination form
- Applicants are required to submit a photocopy of a valid passport
- Must be free from criminal records
Successful Applicants Placements
Students will be given the opportunity to choose one major university and 3 other preferred universities from the 26 accredited universities made available for the program. Students should also note that the placement of successful applicants to their preferred universities selected during registration will be done in consideration of the universities’ requirements.
Application Guidelines for 2022 MOFCOM Scholarship
How to apply for the MOFCOM Scholarship is explained below, interested applicants for the program are advised to carefully follow the guidelines provided in this article in order to successfully apply for the Program-
Step 1: interested applicants are to visit the “CSC study in China” website at http://www.campuschina.org and click on the scholarship tab, proceed to click on “Scholarship application for students”, sign up to create an account, and proceed to log in with the account created
Step 2: Fill in your personal details: by clicking the “Edit Personal Details” button, applicants are expected to verify the personal details provided, the information is to be saved after the verification process is carried out. Having saved this information, applicants are to return to the previous page and click on “FINISH” and proceed to fill in your application information
Step 3: Select Program Category
You should select the Program Category you wish to study (Applicants for MOFCOM Scholarship CSC Program should select Program Category “Type A”)
Step 4: Fill in the correct Agency number
The agency number to be provided for all MOFCOM Scholarship CSC Programs is 00010
After filling in this Agency number, it will automatically be matched with the Program category. These two details are compulsory for online application and must be filled in by applicants as they will be used by the scholarship receiving authority to inform qualified candidates to apply
Please note that- Application processing authorities will not receive your online application if there is an error in your Program Category or Agency number
Step 5: Fill in Application Information
Move to the section of “Language Proficiency and study plan” and upload “supporting Documents” as requested then proceed to “submit” to complete your application. Applicants are implored to carefully check and confirm each part of their application before submission to ensure the accuracy of all information and uploaded documents.
When Type A applicants select “preferences of institutes” the system will automatically ensure the matchmaking of available institutions from one of those selected by the applicant, the preferred language to be taught, and the major the applicant is applying for. Visit http://www.campuschina.org/universities/index.html for inquiries about available majors
Step 6: No provision for the correction or amendment of “Personal Details” and “Application Information” after submission
Applicants should note that they can only revoke and edit their application by withdrawing their application before it is being processed, once revoked, applicants are to verify the information again and will have to re-submit their application again the second time before their application can be processed.
Step 7: Download the application form
Step 8: Ensure that you only submit your MOFCOM Scholarship application under the dispatching authorities/application processing agency
Visit http://www.campuschina.org for more information